Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Only Real Culture Today Was in the Frozen Yogurt and Maybe the Ice Cream

Today started off with Mass at Immaculate Conception Church in Lancaster, MA!  Since it was warm, a window was opened up by Dan Sr.  (If I did something like that in an air conditioned church like St. Leo's, the Liturgy Coordinator would come running to give me a tongue lashing.)  The priest was not a big fan of singing, so we didn't sing as much as we do at St. Leo's!  The Mass was enjoyable.

After Mass, we dropped Dan Sr. at home!  Patty then took Bob and me to Shaw's Supermarket in Clinton to pick up some Newspapers.  We then enjoyed leftovers.  A traditional brunch didn't happen this time. 

While Patty and Dan were picking up Amy and Dave's car from Boston's Logan Airport and dropping it off at their house in Medway, MA.  Bob and I caught up on our correspondence!  Entertaining Caesar the dog was probably part of the activities during the afternoon.

After Patty and Dan came home, we relaxed some more.  Eventually, Patty and her friend John in one car, and Dan SR., Bob, and me in another car, headed to Longhorn Steakhouse in Leominster!  Bob and I had given Patty a gift card for her birthday in April.  We all lived it up when we ordered.  Instead of the inexpensive steak, I had the Rainbow Trout stuffed with Lobster, Sweet Potato Bites, and Rice Pilaf.  It was interesting, although the trout was a little over seasoned for my tastes.

After dinner, we went for Ice Cream at Rota Spring Farms in Sterling, MA.  I had Moo Tracks Ice Cream and Chocolate Chip Froyo!  The rest of the people ate it there!  It was raining.  It was too messy to eat standing up.  I was also full from dinner moments earlier.  I ate mine over two consecutive nights!  I love Roto Spring Farms when I get to choose the flavor(s)!  I believe that we had some last year.  Maybe next time, we can enjoy the full experience!!

This day was quite relaxing!!

No comments: