Saturday, June 8, 2013

Familly Fun in Two Dimensions

On Wednesday, Bob, Maggie, and I went shopping at Steelyard Commons in Cleveland!  Before shopping, we provided the Recycling Bin at West 25th Street and Scranton Road with some deposits.  Once we started shopping, we bought items from Target, Deals, and Wal Mart Supercenter.  Since we had frozen foods, we took them back to our house.

Lunch was at McDonald's on Snow Road in Parma!  I had two Filet O' Fish Sandwiches with French Fries.  Bob had a Big Mac and fries.  Maggie had a Grilled Chicken and Ranch Premium McWrap and fries.  Bob and I had soda.  Maggie had (tap) water.  We used four coupons for our food!  The food was worth the discounted rate. 

After McDonald's, we took Bob to work.  After that event, we took a second trip to the Recycling Bin.  Maggie then took me to the Parma-Snow Library (If we didn't have the second batch of recyclables, I would have gone directly to the library after lunch since it is within walking distance.).  The library was okay since I talked to my friends Nancy and Amy!

After the library, I headed towards Brecksville for my annual Pilgrimage (via the #35 bus) to honor my brother Danny (He died on 6-2-2006.)  Due to an accident, there was a detour that led me past John Glenn Elementary School in the Parma District before returning to the usual route.  I made a brief visit to Walgreen's in Independence before my next bus (#77F).  I then headed for the Pilgrimage over Chippewa Creek on Chippewa Road, where most of my brother's ashes reside.  I threw two stones into the creek before going over to the fence where I watched the scattering of the ashes on June 8, 2006 (Going down the hill that day was too hazardous for me.  Access beyond the fence is currently forbidden.).

I then walked the perimeter of the Brecksville Shopping Center before entering the Marc's that was Giant Eagle before it moved to Broadview Heights (Near I-77) last year!  I then crossed the street to the nearby Shell Gas Station.  In the Mid 1980s, while eating dinner with my parents at the then Spanish Tavern (Now Burntwood Tavern) on Brecksville Road, a waitress decided to be funny in announcing that the Rest Rooms were down the street at the Shell Station.  I finally visited the Shell Station to take care of some business.  Upon leaving the Shell Station, I barely made my bus back to Independence which was better for co-ordination with the bus that would have made a much shorter trip to my house.

After coming home, I made some tilapia for dinner!  The fish smell lasted longer than necessary!  An open kitchen window took care of most of the "aroma"!  This evening's tilapia will be done in the oven.  This could be interesting.

It was a busy day, but spending time with my closest family made it worthwhile.       

No comments: