Friday, June 7, 2013

Max and Erma Did Not Ask Us to Sing "Happy Birthday!"

On Monday, we celebrated my sister's birthday at Max and Erma's in Middleburg Heights, OH!  The participants were my brothers Bob, Joe, and Tim, my sisters Patty and Maggie, my brothers-in-law Dan and Mike, my nephew Dan and his daughters Amy Marie and Emily, and Tim's companion Lois!  (My niece-in-law Laura was enjoying dinner with her former co-workers.)  As expected, we sang to Kathleen, but the interesting part is that an unknown couple came to our table after finding out that it was her birthday requesting that we sing to her. 

Another interesting item is that my Aunt Joan was in the next room with her church group from St. Bridget of Kildare in Parma, OH!  She visited with us briefly!!  It was nice to see her again after not seeing her since her Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary Party about two years ago!

I enjoyed my food!!  I had a mushroom cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, and pickles (The Red Onion was removed.).  It was tasty!  I assume the others enjoyed their food as well.

After Max and Erma's, the whole group (Except for Joe and Aunt Joan) went to Honey Hut on State Road in Cleveland to enjoy some ice cream!  I had a special flavor for this month, Honey Graham.  The ice cream was up to the usual standards.  I wonder how Rota Spring Farm (Sterling, MA ) would compare if they had Honey Graham as a flavor (Their web site did not mention that particular flavor!!)!

After the ice cream, Dan Sr., Patty, Dan Jr., Amy Marie, and Emily stopped by my house!  Amy Marie and Emily had never been to my house!!  Amy Marie found a creative way to pet our cat.  She petted Morgan's face!  Intentionally or unintentionally, she provided a climax to a very interesting evening!

This night will always be a night to remember!!                 

No comments: