Sunday, July 13, 2014

To Cleveland from Lancaster, MA (with Help from Boston and Baltimore)

We packed on July 1st and 2nd.  After making sure that we had everything, we said goodbye to Dan.
Patty then took Bob and me to Boston's Logan Airport.  We checked our bags inside the terminal (It was performed outdoors in Cleveland.)  Security was more routine, including the removal of our shoes.  As far as TSA was concerned, it went smoothly.  Since we had a long layover in Baltimore, we relaxed until our plane was ready to board.  The plane had a smooth takeoff, but there was some turbulence during the flight.  On the plus side, we received pretzels, peanuts, and Coke for a snack.  The landing into Baltimore went fine.  However, I discovered that my glasses were not on my face when I left the plane.  Fortunately, they were in a Southwest Airlines employee's possession, so they were not damaged.

Once we made it into the airport, it was lunchtime.  Since we were in a different section of the airport, our food options turned out to be better than they were eight days earlier.  Bob sent me to scope out options.  Since I didn't have a directory at the time, I called Bob, but his cell phone was turned off.  I found a directory and shared it with Bob upon my return.  I chose BGR: the Burger Joint because it was not as far as the more extensive options.  Bob agreed with the decision.  We took our carry-on bags with us and found a seat in the food court.  I ordered our $7.00 burgers and split a $3.00 order of French fries.  The burgers were filling and the fries were tasty, but the soda that we purchased from Subway because the fountain drinks machine at BGR was not functioning apparently turned out to be Diet Coke.  I guessed that I should have sprung for Cheerwine at $2.79 a bottle (Bob paid for the food.).  Oh well, you don't visit Baltimore-Washington International Airport everyday.

After lunch, we waited for our flight to board.  Thanks to Hurricane Arthur, our flight was about half an hour late leaving Baltimore because it was late coming in from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.  Our plane encountered so much turbulence that we only enjoyed Coke on our plane.  After a short flight, we were back in Cleveland.


Once we were in the airport, I called Maggie at our house to pick us up.  We then collected our baggage.  We waited patiently for Maggie to show up.  It wasn't too bad, considering it was rush hour.

Maggie arrived.  Since we needed supplies, we went to Aldi Seven Hills to pick them up.  It was a successful shopping trip.

Before we arrived at Aldi, Maggie revealed that Subway was offering footlong subs for $4.50 on Wednesdays.  I decided that we try the Subway on Broadview Road, (near Brookpark Road) which opened while we were gone.  They were not participating.  We skipped the Subway on Broadview Road at Carlton Road.  We headed for the Subway on Broadview Road (near Sprague Road)  They were not participating, either.  Maggie wisely decided to go back to her house to find the ad which would have the participating Subway(s).  As it turned out, the Subway in question was on State Road (near Pleasant Valley Road).  We all bought subs to go.  Bob and I bought chicken subs (My sub was on flatbread.).  I don't remember Maggie's sub, but she picked up a meatball marinara sub for her husband Mike.

After three Subways that I had never visited, Maggie dropped off her sub and Mike's sub at their house.  I handed over the small wooden boat that I had purchased at Woods to Goods in York, ME to Maggie.  She then took us home.  We immediately passed Mike as he was coming home from a long day of work   Maggie visited with us for a short time.  We then ate our dinner.  Bob ate all of his sub, but I only ate half of mine.  The other half was eaten for dinner on July 5.

It was a very nice trip.  Boston was limited to our trips to and from Logan Airport.  Maine replaced New York City.  I wonder if our next trip will be as memorable!         

    

No comments: