Sunday, July 6, 2014

To Ogunquit, ME with "Love"

After eating breakfast at Patty and Dan's, we headed for Maine!  Our first stop was at the Cumberland Farms on Main Street in Lancaster, MA, so I could buy my Massachusetts Lottery tickets and the Sentinel Enterprise (Fitchburg-Leominster, MA) newspaper.  We then headed towards Maine via New Hampshire.  Our first steps in Maine were at the Maine Visitors Center in Kittery, ME.  I picked up a lot of useful reference material (Most of it is still back in Lancaster, MA.)  A picture of Bob and me was taken with Smokey the Bear.  (At this time, I can't access it to show you, but my Facebook Friends can enjoy it.)

After the Visitors Center, we headed for The Maine Mall in South Portland, ME.  Bob, Patty, and I enjoyed our soups from Kamasouptra.  I also had Chow Mein (It may also be known as Lo Mein at other restaurants.) from Panda Express.  Dan had a sub from Charley's Steakery.  I can't speak for the rest of my group, but I enjoyed my food.

After lunch, we had a brief amount of time to enjoy the mall.  Bob and I visited Eddie Bauer, Bon Ton, Sports Authority, and Macy's (Not necessarily in that order).  Our time in Macy's could have been better spent exploring the Sears Wing.  Patty and Dan bought an Indoor/Outdoor temperature  thermometer at Radio Shack, so The Maine Mall was worth it.

After we were done shopping, we researched how to find the Main branch of the Portland Public Library.  Once we found it, we enjoyed looking throughout the building.  It's a nice library in a modern building.

After the library, we headed for L.L. Bean in Freeport, ME.  There are a number of buildings on the campus, but we visited the Apparel store.  Bob bought Maggie a coffee/tea mug as a gift for caring for Morgan and for other household tasks.  He also bought some "hiking" socks for himself.

After the first half of our L.L. Bean visit, Dan, Bob, and I went to Ben and Jerry's to enjoy a snack.  My Ice Cream was Triple Caramel Crunch.  I would enjoy it again.

After our snack, we visited the L.L. Bean Outlet Store.  Patty and Dan bought some merchandise.  We did not visit any of the other outlet stores in the complex.

After we left Freeport, we headed for Ogunquit because Patty and Dan have a love affair with the town.  We were also spending the night at the Studio East Motel and Suites.  The drive's highlight was a storm that cleared up before we reached the motel.

After checking in and settling, we went back to the Front Desk for a restaurant recommendation.  After dismissing "expensive" restaurants, we settled on the Cornerstone restaurant.  There was an approximately thirty minute wait for a table, so we visited a toy store and a small grocery store. 

We returned to the restaurant and waited on the patio.  We ordered some drinks, but our table became available.  I had Sprite that turned out to be soda water, but I said nothing.  My refill was a bottle of Capt'n Eli's Root Beer that was more enjoyable.  Between Beverages, I enjoyed scallops, mussels, and haddock in a spicy red sauce (The seafood was tasty, but the sauce was not to my liking.) with a side of garlic bread.  I also sampled Patty's macaroni and cheese.  It was delightful.  I almost ordered it, but I would order it if I return to Ogunquit.

After dinner, we visited Bread and Roses Bakery to buy snacks.  Bob and I split a Coconut Cream Tart.  The toy store also received a return visit.  We then spent the rest of the evening relaxing.  I went to the Front Desk to buy cans of soda.  Bob enjoyed his during the trip, but I left mine in the refrigerator in my room. along with half a bottle of water that was supplied during our drive. The can was a dollar.  This turned out to be a bargain as you will see in the next Post.

No comments: